D. Servente Grocery & Saloon
64 S Washington St, Sonora 95370., 209 532-7833.
Now a bar, this brick building was completed in 1856 as a dry goods store and later became a grocery. It was taken over by Domingo Servente in 1926, who added liquor and the bar in 1932 when prohibition was repealed. The grocery carried imported Mediterrean goods for the large Italian population in Sonora. Click for details of this historic building.